Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Furnace Filter Time


Going with a mid-efficiency furnace was a difficult decision. If my mind isn't occupied, I cringe every time th furnace turns on, thinking of how many cubic meters of gas is being consumed and what my bill will look like next month. I decided to go mid rather than high after factoring the repairs I'd have to make to the kitchen to create a side-vent for the high-efficiency model. That's a topic for another post.

But, if there's anything we can do to increase the quality of our lives and reduce the costs, it's replacing a used-up furnace filter. Clogged ones reduce air flow and don't work as well. They only cost a few dollars and are worth it. Find out more here.

I got a great feeling of satisfaction changing my filter. It feels like you're doing that little bit towards lowering the largest energy expense we pay after gas. It's been four months of cold and it really doesn't take that much effort.